Semester 1 is almost over and the past three months have been a very huge learning curve, it’s been an emotional roller coaster if I’m honest. I’ve met people, I’ve had little mental breakdowns and it’s just all been very strange – but also very good. I learnt a lot, some humorous things in fact that I’d like to share with you so heres what I have learned in the past three months and things that I simply want to pass onto you, like tips in a sense I guess? ENJOY.
1. No one knows where Suffolk is despite it being an hour and a half drive away from London.
- Just because you have purchased Doritos and Tequila doesn’t mean it’s a Mexican party, especially when you’ve eaten the majority of the Doritos before anyone arrives.
- Parties are v different at all unis.
- Someone will steal your voddy but deal with it and move on.
- If someone leaves their voddy at yours because your flat is the usual pre-drink place then it’s yours now, simple as move along.
- People literally do not care if you are a V man or like to hit it whenever possible. Nobody cares, don’t worry if you’re a Virgin Mary and if you’re not Mr/Mrs V then you shouldn’t feel the need to splurge your stories over a game of Never Have I Ever – chances are nobody cares unless someone has actually asked…in that case feel free.
- When I say this I mean there’s a chance you will be called into your flat mates room to look over at the hotel across the road to see a couple getting jiggy, you might even see a strangers bits and pieces dangling between their legs – THIS IS A THING THAT /MIGHT/ HAPPEN.
- Friendships will blossom from night one at university.
- Within a week you will have pee’d in front of your flat mates, you might even have a panic attack on the floor while your flat mate has a pee in front of you in your bathroom.
- Friendships will move at 100mph, you’ll go from strangers to best friends within days – it’s quite beautiful.
- Farting in front of your new friends is one of the biggest turning points of the whole friendship, it’s real from that moment onwards.
- Boys/girls you start to dig within the first few weeks aren’t ones you need to hold onto for the whole year, you don’t need to get hooked.
- If you give your number to a boy out of pressure on the first night in a proper club in London then you see them on the fourth night and they’re like “aren’t you -insert name” after you’ve ignored their texts, it’s totally okay to lie and say you have no idea who they’re talking about and then run away!
- Your whole “I don’t kiss boys I don’t like” mentality might go out of the window, yolo, live while we’re young n all that.
- If you go to uni you might fancy a million and one boys BECAUSE BOYS RULE.
- When I say this I mean that it’s okay if there’s no toilet roll left in the pub toilet and you use the cardboard instead.
- Also if you’ve chucked half a bag of Doritos in the bin in your room and the next day they’re teasing you so you get them back out and eat them.
- Yep, I seem to have increased my clumsiness. I fell over in Urban Outfitters in super slow motion and got ‘pushed’ outside Charring Cross and it was absolutely hilarious.